101 CRAZY THEORIES ABOUT DINOSAUR EXTINCTION
- A dinosaur version of human AIDS, due to sexual promiscuity.
- Like Elvis, they aren't really dead but were abducted by aliens. Long live the King.
- Another alien related theory, is that the dinosaurs never existed, and that all the bones found were planted
by aliens for a joke.
- The dinosaurs could not find a canyon deep enough for bungee jumping, which resulted in
their ultimate death.
- Changes in the plant-life reduced the number of gymnosperms. The loss of ferns changed the diet of the dinosaurs, and they died out due to
constipation. However this rather painful theory cannot be used to explain why meat
eating dinosaurs became extinct as well!
- Another plant related theory is that as the angiosperm plant group
spread and evolved, their pollen aggravated the dinosaurs, and they all died out due to
allergy and hayfever.
- National Lampoon suggested in 1981 that immoral behaviour was to blame!" ..look at the end of the Mesozoic and you begin to
see evidence of stunning moral decline. Bones of wives and children all alone, with the philandering
husband's bones nowhere in sight. Heaps of fossilised, unhatched, aborted dinosaur eggs. Males and females
of different species living together in unnatural defiance of biblical law."
- That the dinosaurs got fed up with their existence, and decided to die out, otherwise
known as Paleoweltschmerz.
- Racial Old Age, or as Will Cuppy in 1964 said ' the Age of Reptiles ended
because it had gone on with long enough and it was all a mistake in the first place.'
Or perhaps ?
- The development of suicidal factors, perhaps in a similar way to lemmings, who are
meant to commit mass suicide if overcrowded and stressed!
Back to the main menu