Evidence For The Meteor Impact Which Killed The Dinosaurs
References & Further Reading
N.B. This is a list of the references I found most useful or well written thus not all of those mentioned in the text are present here.
- Alvarez, L.W. et al., 1980, Extraterrestrial cause for the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction, Science, 208, 1095-1108
- Alvarez, W. & Asaro, F., 1990, An extraterrestrial impact, Scientific American, Oct. Issue, 44
- Bohr, B.F., Foord, E.E., Mondreski, P.J. & Tripplehorn, D.M., 1984, Mineralogic evidence for an impact crater at the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary, Science, 24, 867-869.
- Grieve, R.A.F., 1984, Physical evidence of impact, Nature, 310, 370
- Grieve, R.A.F., 1987, Terrestrial impact structure, Ann. Rev. Earth Planet. Sci.,15, 245-270
- Hartnady, C.J.H., 1986, Amirante Basin, western Indian Ocean: Possible impact site of the Cretaceous/Tertiary extinction bolide, Geology, 14, 423-426
- O'Keef, J.D. & Ahrens,T.J., 1982, Impact mechanics of the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction bolide, Nature, 298, 123-126
Suggested further reading
Back to main page
- Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary events ( vol. 1 &2 ), eds. Birkland, T et al, 1979, University of Copenhagen
Site designed and maintained by Simon Lee,
at the University of Bristol