Literature and Links
this site was collected from the following sources:
- Benton, M.J. (2000) Vertebrate Palaeontology:
2nd Edition. Chapman and Hall: London.
- Benton, M.J. (2005) Vertebrate Palaeontology:
3rd Edition. Blackwell Science: Oxford.
- Coates, M.I. and Sequeira, S.E.K. (2001)
Early Sharks and Primitive Gnathostome Interrelationships. In
Major Events in Vertebrate Evolution: Palaeontology, Phylogeny,
Genetics and Development (ed. P. Ahlbergh), Taylor and Francis:
- Grogan, E. and Lund, R. (2004) Origin
and Relationships of Early Chondrichthyes. In Biology of Sharks
and Their Relatives (eds J.C. Carrier, J.A. Musick and M.R.
Heithaus), CRC Press: Boca Raton, Florida.
- Hildebrand, M. (1995) Analysis of vertebrate
structure: 4th Edition. John Wiley and Sons: New York.
- Liem, K., Bemis, W., Walker, W.F., Grande,
L. and Walker, W. (2000) Functional Anatomy of the Vertebrates:
An Evolutionary Perspective. Thomson/Brooks Cole: Belmont, California.
- Musick, J., Harbin, M. and Compagno, L.J.V.
(2004) Historical Zoogeography of Selachii. In Biology of
Sharks and Their Relatives (eds J.C. Carrier, J.A. Musick
and M.R. Heithaus), CRC Press: Boca Raton, Florida.
- Pough, F.H., Janis, C.M. and Heiser, J.B.
(1999) Vertebrate Life: 5th Edition. Prentice Hall: Upper
Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Stiassny, M.L.J., Wiley, E.O., Johnson,
G.D. and de Carvalho, M.R. (2004) Gnathostome Fishes. In Assembling
the Tree of Life (eds J. Cracraft and M.J. Donoghue). Oxford
University Press: New York.
Author: Andrew Gillis
Last updated: 15 November 2004
to Fossil groups home page
Websites produced by students
on the MSc
Palaeobiology programme in the Department
of Earth Sciences at the University of Bristol for academic