The Bristol Palaeobiology Research Group (PRG) consists of fifty or more people - staff, postdocs, honorary
research fellows, PhD students, MSc students, and MSci students. Current staff and postdoctoral fellows are listed below, and PhD students
here. Since 1990, over 100 PhD students and postdocs from the Bristol PRG have gone on to employment, and we give
details of what they are now doing here.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS AND RESEARCH FELLOWS
- Dr Arnau Bolet: Macroevolution os Mesozoic lepidosaurs. Newton International Fellowship.
- Dr Raquel López-Antoñanzas: Of mice and rats - a new molecular palaeobiological approach and best practice in divergence time estimation (EU Marie Curie-Skłodowska Research Fellow)
- Dr Jesus Lozano: Arthropod terrrestrialisation using total evidence dating and comparative chelicerate genomics (EU Marie Curie Research Fellow)
- Dr Liz Martin-Silverstone: The influence of mechanical loading on cranial development and function in zebra fish (BBSRC PDRA). Read Liz's (very self-effacing) blog.
- Dr Benjamin Moon: Marine reptiles of the Strawberry Bank site of exceptional preservation (Leverhulme PDRA)
- Dr Jenny Morris: The origin of plants: genomes, rocks, and biogeochemical cycles (NERC PDRA)
- Dr Joseph O'Reilly: Co-evolution of Earth and animal life across the Proterozoic-Phanerozoic transition (NERC-BETR PDRA)
- Dr Celine Petitjean: Phylogenomics of microbial eukaryotes (NERC PDRA).
- Dr Mark Puttick: The origin of plants: genomes, rocks, and biogeochemical cycles (NERC PDRA)
- Dr Bruno Fonseca Simoes: Vision in snakes (EU Marie Curie-Skłodowska Research Fellow)
- Dr Tom Stubbs: Macroevolution of the origin of birds (NERC PDRA).
- Ms Chloe Todd: Does developmental plasticity influence speciation? (NERC PGRA-Technician).
- Dr Kelly Vargas: Origin of bilaterians (CNPq Brazil, Research Fellow).
- Dr Monique Welten: Evolution of jaws and teeth - new insights into key innovations and the origin of gnathostomes (EU Marie Curie-Skłodowska Research Fellow)
- Dr Qi Zhao: Bone histology and dinosaurian palaeobiology (Newton Advanced Research Fellow)
HONORARY RESEARCH FELLOWS